Latest technology for stainless steel and difficult to cut materials
Mitsubishi’s established VQ series of coated carbide end mills is now even more versatile due to the addition of 4 new types. The latest additions include a corner radius, a duplex radius, a ball nose and an innovative 280 degree lollipop type. These end mills are designed primarily for effective and reliable machining of difficult to cut materials, titanium, Inconel and stainless steels but can also be suitable for machining of carbon and alloy steels, hardened steels and copper alloys.
New geometries to make difficult applications reliable and easier
- VQ HVRB – Vibration control geometry for smooth, stable cutting.
- VQ FDRB – Duplex radius end mill provides stable machining with a low radial cutting force.
- VQ 2XLB – High accuracy end mill to ensure precise machining and consistent workpiece dimensions.
- VQ 4WB – Lollipop type true round ball cutting edge over the full 280º enables difficult geometries to be machined.
Advanced Technology Coating
VQ end mills have been treated with a next generation (Al, Cr)N group coating that delivers substantially better wear resistance. The surface of the coating has been given a smoothening treatment resulting in better machined surfaces, reduced cutting resistance and improved chip discharge. With the unique ZERO-μ Surface, the cutting edge retains its sharpness. While previous technologies often resulted in diminished sharpness, the ZERO-μ Surface achieves both smoothness and sharpness, thereby providing longer tool life.
4 new choices available from a total of 17 different types of VQ end mills
- VQ HVRB
Ø1 with corner R0.1
Ø2 with corner R0.2
Ø3 with corner R0.5
Ø4 with corner R1.0
- VQ FDRB – Ø3, Ø4 and Ø6 with duplex radius end mills
- VQ 2XLB – Ø1, Ø1.5. Ø2 and Ø3 with different neck length
- VQ 4WB – from Ø1.0 ~ Ø6.0